Monday, September 7, 2009

Tunnel Hill, OK wine, yes, just OK.


In all of the Chelan wineries that I went to, this was by far my least favorite. *Note to all wineries- you may have great wine, but the employees are honestly will MAKE or BREAK your visitors experience. The person working on the day I went did not possess characteristics of what a winery tasting room employee should have: a personality. But I digress, and let's discuss the wine.
2008 Riesling: We happened to go just when this wine was released. I think it needs a little more time in the bottle and if you do open it, it needs to get some air in it. It's a light straw color, and has a bit of minerality, but other than that.... not much. Give it more time and I am sure it would be better.
2007 Riesling: This one I liked much better. It had a lot of citrus on the nose, but it was very off dry on the palette. This would be the perfect summer drinking wine.
2007 Pinot Noir: A light ruby colored, very very light red. It has some cherry and fig notes on it.... would be perfect with a seared pork chop with a light balsamic reduction on it.
2007 Syrah: Definitely my favorite of all the wines. I tend to favor the syrahs from this region: good earthyness, good stone fruit, and smooth on the palette. I would drink this one with a big old steak. And mashed potatoes. YUM.

No comments: